Stock #: 249001
The same high-tech filtration design used in humanitarian crises situations in Haiti, Pakistan, Peru, Kenya, Indonesia, D.R. Congo, South Africa, Mexico, and Bangladesh is now available for consumers.
LifeStraw® is an award-winning point-of-use portable water filter that transforms micro-biologically contaminated water into safe, clean drinking water. It is ideal for a variety of users outside of the home, from hikers and campers to people displaced by natural disasters.
Backed by serious research in international labs and extensive field research, LifeStraw® has been distributed to nearly every major international humanitarian disaster since 2005 and in broad public health campaigns in the millions.
How to use
- Easy-to-operate: Anyone who can use a drinking straw can use a LifeStraw®. Simply drink or draw the unfiltered water through the LifeStraw® and when finished blow air back through the straw to flush and clear it after drinking
- LifeStraw® uses advanced hollow fiber technology. This is a highly efficient method of filtration. Hollow fibre membrane requires no chemicals like chlorine or iodine.
- Water enters and is forced through narrow fibers under high pressure
- Hollow fibers trap bacteria, protozoa, and other contaminants which are flushed out by backwashing
- Reduces turbidity (muddiness)
- Clean water exits through tiny pores in the walls of the hollow fibers
- Filtered water is safe to drink
- Drink directly from any water source (tested by Forest City Surplus Staff by drinking directly from puddles in our parking lot)
- According to the Center for Disease Control, each year 20-50% of international travelers develop diarrhea. Tap water and drinks with ice are common sources. Protect yourself with this easy-to-use straw
- Removes bacteria and protozoa
- Ultralight and easy to use (no pumping required)
- Perfect for hiking, camping, and emergency preparedness (a bug-out bag essential)
- Take it with you when hiking to reduce the need to carry water
- Removes up to 99.99999 percent of water-borne bacteria
- Removes up to 99.9 percent of water-borne protozoan cysts
- Rigorous laboratory testing conducted at the University of Arizona found that LifeStraw's performance exceeded U.S. EPA water filtration requirements for bacteria and parasites
- BPA Free and contains no chemicals
- Filter pore size of approx 0.2 microns
- Allows you to make 1000 liters (264 gallons) of clean water from something that fits in your pocket
- Weighs only 56 grams (2 oz.)
- Uses no batteries, added chemicals or moving parts
- A great addition to any survival kit or bug-out bag
- Use it while traveling abroad to avoid waterborne illnesses
- Winner of "Best Invention of 2005.” by Time Magazine
- Named "Innovation of the Year.” by Esquire
- Brand new product in manufacturer's packaging!
Watch LifeStraw put to the ultimate test!