Better Homes and Gardens® Analog Atomic Wall Clock
Simple, elegant, and deadly accurate! Automatically matches the time with one of the most accurate clocks in the world.
Stock #: 993299
"An atomic clock is a clock device that uses an electronic transition frequency in the microwave,
optical, or ultraviolet region of the electromagnetic spectrum of atoms as a frequency standard for its timekeeping element. Atomic clocks are the most accurate time and frequency standards known, and are used as primary standards for international time distribution services, to control the wave frequency of television broadcasts, and in global navigation satellite systems such as GPS." (Source: Wikipedia)
- The hands of the clock will automatically adjust to the correct time as signaled from the WWVB signal transmitted from the official U.S. government time transmitter at Fort Collins, Colorado.
- Atomic clocks are believed to be so accurate have an accuracy that they expect to not gain nor lose a second in more than 100 million years.
- Can also be set to run as a manual quartz clock
- Analog clock mode is accurate to the second
- Automatically adjusts for daylight savings time
- Daylight savings time adjustment can also be turned off (great if you live in Saskatchewan or other places that don't observe daylight savings time)
- Stylish design and finish
- 11 5/8-inch diameter
- Easy-to-read layout with high-contrast black print on white background and 3/4-inch high numbers
- Requires 1 AA battery sold separately
- Makes a great gift
- Backed by La Crosse Technology
- Compare prices with a similar product
- This is a USA big box store opened box product. (customers open packages in the big box stores and make a mess - the big box stores sell off the opened products as surplus) Damaged packaging and product scratches possible.
- While supplies last!