LifeStraw® Point-of-Use Personal Water Filter Straws
Travel Safe - these filters remove 99.999% of water borne bacteria!
Stock #: 289004
The same high-tech filtration design used in humanitarian crises situations in Haiti, Pakistan, Peru, Kenya, Indonesia, D.R. Congo, South Africa, Mexico, and Bangladesh is now available for consumers.
ARE YOU GOING SOUTH FOR A VACATION?
LifeStraw® is an award-winning point-of-use portable water filter that transforms micro-biologically contaminated water into safe, clean drinking water. It is ideal for a variety of users outside of the home, from hikers and campers to people displaced by natural disasters.
Backed by serious research in international labs and extensive field research, LifeStraw® has been distributed to nearly every major international humanitarian disaster since 2005 and in broad public health campaigns in the millions.
How to use
- Easy-to-operate: Anyone who can use a drinking straw can use a LifeStraw®. Simply drink or draw the unfiltered water through the LifeStraw® and when finished blow air back through the straw to flush and clear it after drinking
- LifeStraw® uses advanced hollow fiber technology. This is a highly efficient method of filtration.
fibre membrane requires no chemicals like chlorine or iodine.
- Water enters and is forced through narrow fibers under high pressure
- Hollow fibers trap bacteria, protozoa, and other contaminants which are flushed out by backwashing
- Reduces turbidity (muddiness)
- Clean water exits through tiny pores in the walls of the hollow fibers
- Filtered water is safe to drink
- Drink directly from any water source (tested by Forest City Surplus Staff by drinking directly from puddles in our parking lot)
- According to the Center for Disease Control, each year 20-50% of international travelers develop diarrhea. Tap water and drinks with ice are common sources. Protect yourself with this easy-to-use straw
- Removes bacteria and protozoa
- Ultralight and easy to use (no pumping required)
- Perfect for hiking, camping, and emergency preparedness (a bug-out bag essential)
- Take it with you when hiking to reduce the need to carry water
- Removes up to 99.99999 percent of water-borne bacteria
- Removes up to 99.9 percent of water-borne protozoan cysts
- Rigorous laboratory testing conducted at the University of Arizona found that LifeStraw's performance exceeded U.S. EPA water filtration requirements for bacteria and parasites
- BPA Free and contains no chemicals
- Filter pore size of approx 0.2 microns
- Allows you to make 1000 liters (264 gallons) of clean water from something that fits in your pocket
- Weighs only 56 grams (2 oz.)
- Colour: Green (Sorry due to the Coronavirus, we are currently only able to get the LifeStraw in this colour)
- Uses no batteries, added chemicals or moving parts
- A great addition to any survival kit or bug-out bag
- Use it while traveling abroad to avoid waterborne illnesses
- Winner of "Best Invention of 2005.” by Time Magazine
- Named "Innovation of the Year.” by Esquire
- 542 customers (81%) gave this product a 5-star review!
- Brand new product in manufacturer's packaging!
- The same LifeStraw Filter Straws are selling elsewhere online for $34.92!
- Limit 4 per customer!