Stock #: 299008
What Carbon Monoxide is and Why You Need a Detector?
Carbon Monoxide (CO) is a colorless, odorless, tasteless and toxic gas produced as a by-product of combustion. Any fuel burning appliance, vehicle, tool or other device has the potential to produce dangerous levels of CO gas.
According to experts, every home with at least one fuel-burning appliance or heater, attached garage, or fireplace should have a carbon monoxide alarm. An alarm should be installed on every level of the home and in sleeping areas.
The Kidde KN-COPP-3 AC powered, plug-in carbon monoxide alarm utilizes sophisticated electronic components and unmatched sensor technology to protect you and your family from the dangers of CO. The KN-COPP-3 includes a 9V battery backup that provides continuous monitoring of CO levels, even during power outages, when AC-only units are not providing protection. The KN-COPP-3 will detect and store measured data of concentrated CO levels as low as 11 and up to 999 PPM with its peak level memory display. This alarm gives you several mounting options, including: direct-plug, a 6’ power cord or table top.
- Digital Display – Displays the level of carbon monoxide the unit is sensing. The unit updates this reading every 15 seconds.
- Peak Level Button – Displays the peak CO level recorded by the alarm since it was last reset or unplugged.
- 9V Battery Backup – Provides protection during power outage.
- Test Button Functions – Tests the unit for proper operation
- Resets the Carbon Monoxide alarm
- LED Operation – Blinking dot in lower right corner of display denotes normal operation
In alarm condition, you will hear 4 quick beeps, 5 seconds of quiet, repeat.
- Mfg Date 2014, so this product will expire in 2024
- USA Factory recertified product
- These units were removed from the US big box mart stores because customers tear open the packaging and make a mess. They were checked over and repackaged.