LifeStraw® Peak Series Personal Water Filter Straws
The legendary LifeStraw® personal water filter straw has recently been updated with a new design!
Stock #: 289010
See how it works in this video!
The same high-tech filtration design used in humanitarian crises situations in Haiti, Pakistan, Peru, Kenya, Indonesia, D.R. Congo, South Africa, Mexico, and Bangladesh is now available for consumers.
ARE YOU GOING SOUTH FOR A VACATION?
The LifeStraw® is an award-winning point-of-use portable water filter that transforms micro-biologically contaminated water into safe, clean drinking water. It is ideal for a variety of users outside of the home, from hikers and campers to people displaced by natural disasters.
LifeStraw®, backed by extensive field research and serious research in international labs, has been distributed to nearly every major international humanitarian disaster since 2005, as well as in massive public health campaigns involving millions of people.
How to use
- Easy-to-operate: Anyone who can use a drinking straw can use a LifeStraw®. Simply drink or draw the unfiltered water through the LifeStraw® and when finished blow air back through the straw to flush and clear it after drinking
- LifeStraw® uses advanced hollow fiber technology. This is a highly efficient method of filtration.
fibre membrane requires no chemicals like chlorine or iodine.
- Water enters and is forced through narrow fibers under high pressure
- Hollow fibers trap bacteria, protozoa, and other contaminants which are flushed out by backwashing
- Reduces turbidity (muddiness)
- Clean water exits through tiny pores in the walls of the hollow fibers
- Filtered water is safe to drink
- Drink directly from any water source (tested by Forest City Surplus Staff by drinking directly from puddles in our parking lot)
- According to the Center for Disease Control, each year 20-50% of international travelers develop diarrhea. Tap water and drinks with ice are common sources. Protect yourself with this easy-to-use straw
- Ultralight and easy to use (no pumping required)
- Perfect for hiking, camping, and emergency preparedness (a bug-out bag essential)
- Take it with you when hiking to reduce the need to carry water
- Rigorous laboratory testing conducted at the University of Arizona found that LifeStraw's performance exceeded U.S. EPA water filtration requirements for bacteria and parasites
- BPA Free and contains no chemicals
- Removes 99.999999% waterborne bacteria (E. coli)
- Removes 99.999% of parasites (Giardia, Cryptosporidium)
- Removes 99.999% of microplastics, silt, sand, and cloudiness
- Filter pore size of approx 0.2 microns
- Allows you to make 1000 liters (264 gallons) of clean water from something that fits in your pocket
- Weighs only 65 grams (2.3 oz.)
- Size: 7.7 x 1.8 in. (19.5 x 4.7 cm)
- Colour: Blue or Black
- Uses no batteries, added chemicals or moving parts
- A great addition to any survival kit or bug-out bag
- Use it while traveling abroad to avoid waterborne illnesses
- Winner of "Best Invention of 2005.” by Time Magazine
- Named "Innovation of the Year.” by Esquire
- Brand new product in the manufacturer's packaging!
LifeStraw® Peak Series personal water filter straws sell for $33.94
on Amazon.ca and $29.99
at this outdoor store!