Coghlan's® Magnesium Fire Starters
Start Dozens of Fires From A Flame Source Generating 2980 Degrees Celsius
Stock #: 350011
"This is the most compact, reliable fire starter out there!! It will work in any conditions, is unaffected by climate, will never break or fail to do what it is designed for: Ignite!! I’ve used this in the pouring rain as well as many a blizzard and can say it has possible saved my life when I went through the ice one night at 3am. Every true survivalist/sportsman needs at least one of these!" - Customer review received Feb 12th, 2007 Customer ID on file
- Simply pare off a small pile of magnesium shavings with a sharp knife
- Gather twigs, leaves, paper, etc
- Hold the fire starter with the sparking insert up at about a 45 degree angle within 1 inch (2.5 cm) of the shavings
- Scrap the length fo the starter using the back of the knife, creating sparks which will ignite the magnesium shavings
- The magnesium shavings will burn rapidly and the extreme heat will ignite even damp (not wet) timber
- Be prepared to add additional fuel to fire
- Magnesium is safe in solid form, do not pare shavings before they are needed
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Brand new product!