Backpacker's Pantry® Chana Masala
Backpacker Magazine’s Editor’s Choice Award-winning backpacking meal of the year!
Stock #: 154034
"When it comes to fueling and flavoring your outdoor adventure, Backpacker's Pantry never compromises. We promise delicious, nourishing, quality, lightweight meals that will delight your palette from dawn to dusk. Our gourmet chef uses the finest hand-selected ingredients to bring you a true dining experience wherever your wanderlust takes you. The road less traveled feeds your soul, Backpacker's Pantry fuels your journey." - The Smith Family
Backpacker Magazine’s Editor’s Choice Award-winning backpacking meal of the year! It deserves all the accolades it gets. A full-flavoured, delicious, vegan meal for backpacking or at your desk. Two hearty servings provide a high protein, nutritionally balanced vegetarian comfort food for the longest of days. Highest quality turmeric is used for brain and joint health. The authentic spices and coconut milk are a rich base for the rice, freeze-dried garbanzos and vegetables in this international favorite from the Punjab region of India.
Backpacker’s Pantry Chana Masala is the best meal outside of a 5-star Indian restaurant you can find! It is yours to enjoy on a mountain top, on a sailboat, or in a tent. Traveling with Backpacker’s Pantry Chana Masala is a cinch because of its durable, compact packaging. Also, it conveniently only needs two cups of boiling water and about 20 minutes hydration time to make a two- serving hot meal. Enjoy as a side dish if you are car camping & grilling a chicken breast. Don’t forget the naan! Also delicious as a room-temperature salad for lunch or rolled in a tortilla. Just hydrate at camp in the morning & bring along for later. Chana Masala happens to be nut-free, soy-free, dairy-free and gluten-free. Best of all it is Non-GMO as well. Soy-free.
- Up to 2-year shelf life!
- Makes two servings
- 430 calories per serving
- Ideal for college students and others who can't cook
- Vacuum packed packages take up less space
- Weight is 60-90% less due to the freeze-drying process removing 98% of water (great for hikers)
- Gluten-free! Every lot is tested to be <20ppm
- Easy to prepare. Simply pour boiling water into pouch and stir, ready in just minutes
- Eat right out of the package
- Keep food hotter with the barrier foil packaging
- Stand-up zipper pouch
- Foiled packaging keeps food from deteriorating or spoiling
- Long-term food storage without the need for refrigeration
- Net Weight: 224 grams
- Inspected by the U.S.D.A.
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Ingredients: Precooked long-grain white rice, garbanzo beans, sauce (coconut milk powder, tomato powder, sea salt, paprika, organic dried tomato flakes, onion, garlic, turmeric, cumin seed, cilantro, ground rice hulls, cayenne pepper, coriander seed, crushed red Chile pepper, black pepper, nutmeg, ginger, bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon)
- Brand new product!